Wow, so after some convincing I finally got my wireless working in Liquid Lemur Linux (based on Arch, so would work in Arch as well) my card is:
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 050d:845a Belkin Components F7D2101 802.11n Surf & Share Wireless Adapter v1000 [Realtek RTL8192SU]
I made a script in case anyone finds themselves fighting with this card and you use a WPA2 router.
First make sure you have wpa_supplicant
pacman -S wpa_supplicant
it will ask for you to input your password
the copy the output text into /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
Then here is my script:
modprobe -r r8712u
ip link set wlan0 up
wpa_supplicant -D wext -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf &
I read something about Arch using the new udev and my card uses synchronous rather than asynchronous or some such, so that is why I need to remove the module and then re modprobe it. It was dirty but it works!